Are you ready to fight for Illinois with Bruce? Join our team.
Today, Dan Biss endorsed JB Pritzker despite previously calling him “disqualified to serve as governor” and spending months highlighting Pritzker’s corrupt past.
Here are just a few examples of what Pritzker’s newest endorser thinks about the Democratic candidate for governor:
- Chicago Maroon: “If we are concerned with the way state government has gone since 1983, if we think that the concentration of power is too great in the state of Illinois, if we think that the fabled political machine that has screwed so much stuff up over the course of these many decades, is too powerful, electing J.B. Pritzker governor is literally the worst thing we could possibly do.”
- Biss Statement: “Today’s report proves that JB Pritzker is disqualified to serve as governor.”
- WBBM: “If that phone call [with disgraced ex-Governor Rod Blagojevich] was your definition of public service, you’re doing it wrong.”
- Chicago Tribune: “State Sen. Daniel Biss of Evanston said the conversation between Pritzker and Blagojevich represents ‘everything that’s wrong with the connection between money and power. For too long our broken system has allowed the wealthy to have unfettered access to the decision-makers in our government. That’s what breeds corruption.'”
- Chicago Tribune: “‘It took J.B. Pritzker a week to get permission from Mike Madigan to even name him in talking about this sexual harassment cover-up,’ Biss said… But Pritzker did not answer a panelist’s question of whether Madigan should give up his party chairmanship, his speaker role or both. ‘He hasn’t gotten permission yet from Madigan to answer that question,’ said Biss in noting the dodge.”
- State Journal-Register: “There’s a Pritzker-Madigan wing of the Democratic Party and there’s the progressive wing of the Democratic Party that I’m a part of.”
- Tweet: Biss continues calling Pritzker, “Madigan’s candidate” after debate wraps up.